The House of Fallen Trees- A Tour

I thought I might post some pictures of the original Maxis version of the House of Fallen Trees just for the heck of it. Enjoy. :)

Photobucket

This is, of course, the front exterior. The dead tree and flower patches in the side yard mark the garden/graveyard area. For story purposes, bodies were found all over the backyard. 

Photobucket

The graveyard. The grave with the pink flowers is Fricorith, yellow is Gvaudoin, white is Rainelle. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

See that house in the upper left hand corner? That's my flashback House of Fallen Trees. I would take you on a tour of that house but it's really just a series of sets. Photos of the interior of the flashback house can be found hereAnd here. And here. And here. And also here.

Photobucket

First floor. As you can see, it's a complete blank slate- Probably intended to keep your graphics card from crying out in pain. The door pictured leads to the infamous basement. 

Photobucket

Family of eight, table for one? Some people speculate that Rainelle, having no relationship to the Tricou family, was meant to be the last owner of the house after the Tricous died. The kitchen and the upstairs bedroom would seem to support that. 

Photobucket

Second floor bedroom. The only furnished bedroom in the house. Clearly meant for someone female. In the story, this is Gvaudoin's bedroom where Elise spoke with Fricorith. 

Photobucket

The room in the attic where Donnie, Mort and Roan told their ghost stories. 

Photobucket

The basement. I tried to take photos that showed the sheer scale of this thing but I failed miserably. Just imagine an enormous chasm with lots and lots of stairs. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

If anyone can explain the blue, water-like haze that sits over the top of this room and vanishes once you reach the bottom of the steps, I'd sure like to know. 

These next photos are of the exterior of the house as it stands today, after the Tellerman renovations. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I am flabbergasted. I never played any of the Maxis hoods. I had no idea this kind of stuff even existed. A whole Maxis lore. :-o It certainly does lend itself to stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I found this thing, I couldn't NOT write a story about it. And it's all so open-ended. Even now, I can think of 10 different directions I could have gone in with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget that sims can live downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the longest time, I had no idea that sims could live downtown at all. But I'm glad that they can because I plan on utilizing that in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hold the phone! Sims can live downtown?! What the crap?! O_o So did not know this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, when you're in the Neighborhood menu just click the little downtown picture (provided that you have a downtown attached to the neighborhood). The House of Fallen Trees is right beside the Gothier Green Lawns cemetery. It's like 85,000 simoleons to move in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just awesome, Im gona put my vampire clan in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has coffins in the basement just waiting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. after looking around, I love your version so much more then the original, and is it all custom content???

    ReplyDelete
  10. The exterior of the house is done with all Maxis content except for that door on the third floor balcony at the front of the house and the potted plant by the door. Also, I think the terrain paint is custom. But the inside of the house is almost exclusively custom content, yes.

    And thank you for the compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete